View Single Post
Old 12.06.2017, 06:20 PM   #40945
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Bad pie is better than bad cake though.
that’s an absurd unprovable statement though

“bad” is sort of infinite

i can fill a pie shell with diarrhea and supermarket cake will be better than that

let’s not discuss absurdities

but i’m ready to say this, which is more about averages than extremes: american cake is more generally shit than american pie

i mean— this country has a decent pie tradition

however, the cake and bread tradition are shit.

i mean. the bread is to cry for. you have to go to some specialty store to get decent edible bread. when cheeto says “cake is sweetened bread”— look at his point of reference.

in other countries even the most miserable shithole town will have decent fresh hot crusty bread available daily. if you say ‘sweet bread” people will be “hell yeah.”

it’s not just a convenience thing— it’s the bleached flour and who know wtf else.

american bread is the most horrible bread in the world. it’s all delivered premixed by sysco. except for the $15 “artisanal” loaves. so i make bread at home cuz i have no patience.

but when you take european breads and cakes into account, they make the average american pie look just meh.

i mean, check out the opera cake

that stuff is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|