View Single Post
Old 12.01.2010, 12:36 PM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'm going to go ahead and say that Mike Judge is one of the most brilliant men in entertainment. Office Space -- while overrated -- is great. EXTRACT and IDIOCRACY are a bit long winded but hit their marks often enough to be reccomendable. They're very clever, even if they're not always, y'know, GOOD. His ANIMATION SHOW festival was awesome, I caught it every year (though I think it's over now). I highly reccomend those DVD's. Finally, The Goode Family never got the chance to shine -- in a lot of ways, it was the anti-King of the Hill. It had some devastatingly brilliant dialogue and scenes but, again, it only had like 9 episodes before it was yanked.

Too bad he's had such an awful year, with KOTH and Goode Family cancelled, and Extract was a HUGE bomb. He's bringing back Beavis N Butthead apparently, which could be brilliant, though their surprise cameo in Jackass 3D didn't inspire much hope in me.

Either way, as a mainstream entertainer, Mike Judge has been one of the few who has subverted normality and has actually done new, exciting, interesting things (PFFR, I think, are the kings of that, with Xavier, Delocated, and Wonder Showzen, amongst other awesome projects). There aren't too many people like that, so even if he does something that doesn't completely excite me (like Idiocracy), I still am going to support it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|