View Single Post
Old 06.08.2009, 12:44 AM   #21
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenning
I think most bands influenced by Sonic Youth know better than to imitate their sound. It's more the spirit of the thing...

that's what i was going to say.

sure there's tons of bands with alterna-tuned guitars and bad voices and play feedbacking instrumentals, but few share their (former?) mission of sound exploration and composition.

to answer the question of the thread, my vote goes for the boredoms, as they are inspired by sy and have taken their approach of exploring everything from pure cacophony to more tuneful, composed material and also have an open policy concerning collaborators and number of side projects (i do think, though, that there's (was?) some counter influence going on here, bore's super roots series vs the syr series, for instance...)
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|