Thread: Just got EJSTNS
View Single Post
Old 06.09.2006, 08:17 PM   #10
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
It's my favorite CD. I really have only been a fan for a couple years, and it was the first conscious SY album I bought. The first was Dirty, and I didn't really know who they were when I bought it. After I got used to them I didn't know what to buy next, so I bought EJTNS - because of picture on the back, of all reasons; it gave it a very raw look. It was the CD that really got me into them

I just now finally picked up Goo and I'm digging that right now. Awesome liner pics. I've been stalling, telling myself that I'm going to wait until I have the money for the Deluxe. Now that I have the money, even though I've heard the demos are even better, I don't want to spend $30 on it. I'd feel the need to buy the original anyway, so I'll hold off on all the Deluxe stuff til I get a well-paying job. But I'm slowly completing the collection, only a few more to go.

Yeah, I've only been a fan for about a year and a half now. I got into them in late '04 when a friend let me borrow Daydream Nation, Sister, and Dirty. I didn't get into them right away since my ears were not used to indie/non-traditional music. I did like Teenage Riot, but who wouldn't? A few months later I was into cooler music and I pulled them out again and they became my favorite band. I acquired the rest of their albums, except the 2 I just got, in about a month through online shopping and borrowing. Now I only need A Thousand Leaves to have all of the Geffen releases.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|