View Single Post
Old 07.03.2021, 04:39 AM   #53730
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

https://chrisbrokaw.bandcamp.com/album/heaven-2

Quote:
"Tattoo You" was the last great Rolling Stones album...enough people have said it now so it must be true. It came out my senior year of high school and it felt like it was ours. I saw them twice on that tour and they were awesome.

Side two always felt like a unique suite. "Heaven" seemed the most narcotic song in their catalog, even before I really understood what narcotic meant. Oddly, then, one of the few recordings of theirs that doesn't include Keith Richards. Bill Wyman played guitar, synthesizer and bass; Mick Jagger sang and added some guitar; Charlie Watts played drums. I know, weird. "Tattoo You" is this weird outtake rummage sale album, I really love it.

I moved officially into a new home and office this week and this was the first song I played up on the 3rd floor when I got my amp set up. I hadn't thought about 'Heaven' in a really long time. The sun was setting and I was really tired and I played this for about ten minutes and wondered what it would be like to play it longer.
credits

released October 2, 2020

Chris Brokaw: electric guitar.

Fender Jaguar, Nolatone 22 Tango, Analogman King of Tone, Michael Duane 117 flanger, MXR Carbon Copy

Recorded October 1, 2020, Cambridge MA

Sweet mellow music for the Saturday morning with 30 minutes of basically the same riff. Yes I must admit that I am not familiar with the Stones song, I might as well listen to it laters

updated laters:
well, I took a listen to the Stones original, but prefer the guitar only Brokaw version much more!

So now I'm listening to some compilation of old Bowie demos and sessions:
David Bowie - Divine Symmetry (rare and unreleased tracks from 1970-1971)

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|