View Single Post
Old 06.24.2021, 02:58 AM   #53723
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

Chris Corsano & Bill Orcutt - Made Out Of Sound. Plus its companion 7":

"100 Kinds Of Ass" b​/​w "King Size Coffin".

In general, I don't pay much attention to Bandcamp's customer reviews, but somebody wrote a brilliant paragraph about the album: "The interplay between these two is amazing, especially considering the circumstances of the recording. Sky scratching, transcendent modal melodies with Sonny Sharrock and (especially) Tom Verlaine as guiding lights. In fact, when this album is peaking (as it does frequently) it brings to mind those long ago nights when Television would make the Bowery levitate. Great stuff."

Tom Carter described said "circumstances": "Made Out Of Sound was in fact recorded in different rooms on different coasts at different times, and stitched together by Orcutt on his desktop. Corsano recorded the drums in Ithaca, NY, and (as Orcutt states), 'I didn't edit them at all. I overdubbed two guitar tracks, panned left/right. I'd listen to the drums a couple times, pick a tuning, then improvise a part, thinking of the first track as backing and the second as the 'lead', though those are pretty fluid terms. I was watching the waveforms as I was recording, so I could see when a crescendo was coming or when to bring it down.'"

Fuckin' awesome. Now I want a Richard Thompson album made like this.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|