View Single Post
Old 12.12.2019, 09:39 AM   #52148
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I don’t know, it’s like a really basic version of all the great shoegaze and dream pop we grew up with, but people either don’t seem to know that or don’t seem to care.
It's actually quite beloved elsewhere (6th highest rated for 2012 and 541st overall at rateyourmusic, as well as countless best-of lists). But, I just couldn't. You say really basic, I say bereft of everything that made those albums great in the first place. None of the lush, beautiful soundcapes, really bland and lifeless vocals and melodies that try to be chipper but get bogged down by the awful production. To me it sounded like an empty husk appropriating a few shoegaze and dream pop tropes without quite grasping why they were ever effective, let alone how to make them effective. But maybe that's just me. A lot of people seem to like it. I just needed to vent.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|