View Single Post
Old 12.12.2019, 08:37 AM   #52147
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
^
Okay, how did this album ever get to be as revered as it is? I just sat through close to an hour of running time, of which I only really enjoyed about 5 minutes or so (that would be the second track "Wild"). The closer "Irene" was okay too, but it didn't quite win me over. But the rest just sounded like lethargic drivel to me. There are little glimpses of interesting melodies that are immediately drowned in the pale, metallic sound, the awful penchant for overdoing the reverb and the less than excited vocals. *Shrugs*

I don’t know, it’s like a really basic version of all the great shoegaze and dream pop we grew up with, but people either don’t seem to know that or don’t seem to care.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|