Thread: Suicide Squad?
View Single Post
Old 08.03.2016, 06:26 PM   #17
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
everybody hears everything sucks. Nerds are raging about the Killing Joke animated movie. I enjoyed it. The tacked on prologue was unecessary - other than to pad the runtime. But beyond that it was very good.

I got tix to see Suicide Squad on Saturday. I'm super excited. Like, prob my most anticipated movie of the year so far. I'm prob more excited about this than I was for the new Ninja Turtles. Don't care about a ROtten Tomato score and avoiding any/all reviews and spoilers until after I've seen it.

I'm still looking forward to it honestly.
I hate movie critics. They have more power than music critics. If an album gets panned, it generally doesn't deter the artist from making more albums, and they often go on to make great shit because they didn't choose to quit.

If enough critics pan a movie (especially one with sequel potential) then the people who love that movie may never getting to see any more of the characters they liked so much again.

Then who suffers? Not the studios, really. Not the actors, usually. It's just the fans. Imagine how pissed Phil Pullman fans were when His Dark Materials got the axe after Golden Compass failed to be as big as Lord of the Rjngs! That was a serviceable fantasy flick. It's a damn shame.

So I'm gonna try to stay positive and just enjoy SS. Like I did with BvS, which was the most fun I've had in a theatre all year, honestly.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|