View Single Post
Old 12.19.2015, 02:00 PM   #47605
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Still, I can't quite tolerate "Just" anymore. Or "Let Down", which sounds like a Foo Fighters song with more depressing lyrics in hindsight. I think they would have done well to include songs like "Polyethylene", "melatonin" and "palo alto" on OKC, in place of snoozers like "Let Down"... It would have made for a much more interesting project, if not as commercially viable.

I would have probably thrown "Rabbit in your headlights" and even "Talk Show Host" on there if I'd been running things. Artists do that kind of thing all the time now.

I think REM's New Adventures in HiFi probably should have received the attention that went to Ok Computer. That record did the same things, but better. And I'm only a fairweather REM fan at best.

Once Radiohead stepped out of alternative land, they made some damn memorable music.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|