View Single Post
Old 12.19.2015, 01:56 PM   #47604
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
hey, radiohead got good after Ok cumputer. KId A's got some serious electronic jams.

I really like Kid A, Hail to the Thief and The King of Limbs (especially the In the Basement version, which really put the kraut front and center).

I even like Ok Computer... half of it, at least. "Airbag", "Electioneering", "Karma Police" ... "Paranoid Android" is kinda alt-rock 101 at this point, but still packs a punch.

To me, they got better when they started ripping off Aphex Twin, and embraced Can and Kraftwerk and post-punk. I think "There, There" is an excellent song with an undeniable kind of momentum to it, and "Myxomatosis" is still one of my favorite songs of the '00s. It may not be as cool to like them as it once was, but all this talk about Oasis and SP and STP has reminded me that, for over well over a decade, Radiohead was the real deal in modern rock. They were our Beatles for a few years, and I'm not gonna pretend I don't like them just because they're not the hypest band in the world anymore.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|