View Single Post
Old 09.12.2013, 03:05 PM   #141
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

Keep in mind this domination was done without Antonio Smith nor Ed Reed suiting up.

Good luck with that. Personally, I don't think Ed will suit up for at least 6 games if not missing the entire season. In Ozzie we trust!!! I don't want Ed to be hurt, he is one of my all-time favorite players, but it is what it is, and Ed wasn't himself last year, and his injuries have caught up with him this year.

Of course we still could have used even a limping Ed Reed on the field, Peyton obliterated our secondary, Huff and Williams looked like they had never played safety in their lives, even though Denver was running most simply passing routes. Ed would have been choreographing Huff like a defensive coach, that and Peyton like last season in the play-offs would have been scared to throw that deep just on his history with Ed alone.

Peyton didn't complete more than a handful of deep passes in that play-off game, he didn'd even attempt more than a handful. Ed wasn't himself last year, in fact, when QBs did test him, he got blown by FIFTEEN TIMES, including for a score. However, Peyton (and Tom Brady too) must not have gotten the memo, because they didn't challenge Ed. Had they thrown deep, Broncos might have exploited that weakness and won the game. However, Ed is as much as coach as a player, his intuition about football is almost prophetic, so when he directed Pollard and Ihedigbo even when too injured to make an impact by tackling himself. In that regard, we miss Ed. Our coordinators got to get in Huff and Williams ear, and I actually at this point miss Pollard more since Ed is hurt and wouldn't be playing even if still in Baltimore. He was our certified Patriot killer, he was a hard but clean hitting muthafucka in the secondary, simply put, it Pollard was on the field last thursday, instead of blowing by Huff for two deep touchdowns, fucking Bronco's Thomas would have been knocked out of the game scoreless

FUCKING SHIT!!! I had to watch the this THREE FUCKING TIMES just to even see who had the ball!!!!! This is the McCoy-Vick combo that I had a bromance with a few years ago. The 2010-2011 Eagles are back. McCoy was the key to that 11-5 year when he was the best RB in the league, and embarrassingly faster than any defender on him. Well.. if the Eagles O-Line can stay even remotely healthy to block for him, he is looking to dominate the league. If Philly is smart enough to avoid all that Dream Team hubris, they just may win a lot of games this year. Two mediocre, out of the play-offs seasons seem to have had a positive effect motivating players to take their careers serious. Also, looking at several of Chip Kelley's more unorthodox line formations, it seems like he is implementing basketball principles of "spacing".

In basketball, spreading the floor with shooters is the key to opening up lanes to drive for easy lay-ups and dunks. The Heat pimp this to 1990s Bulls perfection. People honestly believe they are a 3-point team, even though without a true center the Heat lead the league in dunks, drives, AND points in the paint. Wade and Lebron have never gotten to the rim as much in their careers! How? They line up the floor with known 3-point shooters, who lure defenders out of the pain, opening up lanes for Wade and Lebron and even anybody else like the Bosh or the Birdman or even SuperMario Chalmers to go in on a drive and dunk. Its called spacing or spreading the floor. In NFL, spreading the field usually means sending out receivers on deep routes to distract defenders, but it looks like Kelley is doing something different entirely. Not only are his receivers running decoy routes, but he has lined up his offensive line and formation in a way that doesn't block, but instead opens up lanes for rushing. As long as the few blocking assignments do their job, it works, and it opens the rushing lanes by not clogging them with offensive blockers. It is a genius gamble which people haven't used since the 1950s in football back when it was essentially a run only game. Every defender in the NFL knows Vick can throw 75 yards in the wind in less than 2 seconds, so ain't nobody going to leave a wide-out on the left or right or both wide open to catch a bomber like Torrey Smith in Denver last season. So they cover the receivers, and the backs and tight-ends had wide open lanes to rush like crazy. Its a college strategy, but it worked against a good defense. Now obviously folks will watch the tape, readjust, but essentially, it is an entirely new strategy to NFL football which we haven't even seen the fullest of yet, so I imagine a few more insane games were Vick and McCoy again combine for over 200 yards rushing. ESPECIALLY IF THEY PLAY MY RAVENS, who have had a penchant for letting TE run right through us on short passes and rushes

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|