View Single Post
Old 03.23.2010, 06:02 PM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know who Charlie Gillett is. I think that's part of the problem with world music - there's a lot of it. I've been listening to too much Haifa Wehbe lately, but I can't imagine many people here would be interested.

The Coleman programme is pretty much a précis - a cursory mention of harmelodics, some excerpts from interviews, a little on the background to free jazz, excerpts from a few songs. I'm not a huge Coleman fan, and it really didn't tell me anything I don't know already. I tend to find that with their coverage of jazz - unlike, say, composer of the week, they seem to still be struggling with getting any depth.

Having said that, the Takayanagi programme was great. Weirdly, I ended up chatting to John Russell (who did a lot of the talking) when he played Bristol the week after, mentioned the programme, and he goes 'yeah, that was me talking' (or words to that affect).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|