View Single Post
Old 09.28.2008, 02:49 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
this is a band that i love, and one that i think is extremly underrated as far as musicality goes. they have made some unbelievable records. out of all the 70s rock bands, BOC definitley has this strange and austere poetic thing about them (i mean, cmon, their biggest hit is about joint suicide). i mean, sandy pearlman and richard fuckin' meltzer(!) provided poetry for the lyrics. i would think a lot of people think of them as corny, which is probably true when waling about them post-1982, but everything before that is pure gold. i would mention my favorite records by them, but when it comes to BOC i tend to just compile my favorite songs by them and listen to them together (well just for kicks thier "s/t" is my fave.), so here are my favorite songs by them:

transmaniacon mc
screams
redeemed
sinful love
this aint the summer of love
dont fear the reaper
tatoo vampire
i am the storm
the subhuman
maserati GT (I aint got you) (live version only)
golden age of leather
goin through the motions
shes as beautiful as a foot
od on life itself (is that a great fucking title or what?!?!)
7 screaming diz busters
mistress of the salmon salt (quicktime girl)
nosferatu
workshop of the telescopes
stairway to the stars
fireworks (cant decide which one i like better, BOC or animal collective)
career of evil
the great sun jester
lonely teardrops
dominance and submission

i also nominate them as having the greatest songtitles of all time (sorry anal cunt)

so, this band deserves a thread. if anyone like blue oyster cult (secretly or otherwise), please post here)

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|