View Single Post
Old 05.29.2014, 09:25 AM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
cant defend him.

still a great writer.

yes. i don't really like his writing much(i don't really like a lot of writing these days anyway, so i don't blame him), but i like what he thought about writing. some good stuff here:

http://archive.org/stream/WilliamS.B...f63e9_djvu.txt

e.g.

There's - wait a minute while I find it here - there's a famous line, oh here we are, yes.
For years Dryden held undisputed title to the most atrocious conceit in the English
language for his breathtaking lines on Lord Hastings Smallpox. "Each little pimple had a
tear in it to raise to wale the fault it rising did commit". And now Dryden must defend
his title against Papa Hemmingway. "The hole in his forehead where the bullet went in
was about the size of a pencil. The hole in the back of his head where the bullet came
out was the size of a was big enough to put your fist in it if it was a small fist and you
wanted to put it there." Oh boy!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|