View Single Post
Old 12.27.2008, 03:52 PM   #106
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
You did, what about those who feel like being more dishonest about it all, though? They'd still find the means of downloading the album, sure, but at least you'd feel better for not making it blatantly easy for them on another band's forum. Would you like that happening if it was your band? I think not.

to the bold... I can't say yet because I have never had a major release involving my livelihood/money, but I like to think that I would. I hope to make music that people want to support, as opposed to something they buy because they are curious, and then they hear it and regret buying it. I would feel much worse about that.

and to the italicized: thats difficult, because if they are going to find it themselves anyway, and in this day it is very easy to do so, then why wouldn't it be better for me to give it to them and personally recommend it and encourage them to buy it? as opposed to them just finding it on some blog and giving it a chance.

I have seen how this works for my friends who aren't in to music that much... they are much more likely to listen to something if I recommend it, and one of 2 things happens: they don't like it, and the band gains nothing monetarily.
or they like it and the friend then ends up accompanying me to a show of theirs, buying a ticket and likely a CD at the least.
or they may really like it and end up bringing a friend of their own to the show, and they end up buying their back catalogue as well as supporting future shows.

my point is that may of them wouldn't have given this band any attention at all. If i supply them a download link and a very warm review of the band, they at least will give it a listen, which is better for the band than not having a listen at all.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|