View Single Post
Old 05.18.2015, 04:06 PM   #18716
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I love his mid-period stuff: Live Flesh, All About ..., Talk to Her, but could never really get into his comedies like Tie Me Up, and the later stuff seems a bit hit and miss too.

the submarine scene in átame is a forrunner of one of those movies i think... you remember which one? a little man and a huge female body. i think it was in talk to her. i love seeing how his themes are always returning.

the comedies are maybe too language-dependent. a lot of things are lost in translation-- this criterion version has new subtitles though, so maybe worth checking for you.

also i'm looking for kika everywhere but for some reason it's out of print in the US. probably because he made a funny rape scene and big big frowns-- but me & the girl i saw it with at the time couldn't stop laughing, and after the movie someone else said "a woman's rape is never funny". well sure, but that was only a movie not a real rape, and i recall it was funny. anyway, kika was recently released on bluray in the UK but here... nothing.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|