View Single Post
Old 05.11.2015, 09:16 AM   #18709
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostchase
Last night I watched Vincent Gallo's Buffalo '66 for the first time.

spanning time... spanning time... that movie is goddamn great. brown bunny... not so much. but yes, everything about buffalo 66 is great. i love especially the look of the film sort of like old home movies.

anyway, i saw this weekend:

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN (ALMODOVAR 1988). Almodóvars first masterpiece. Saw this after rewatching all of his previous 80's movies-- well, not all are easily available, but I've seen them all now. The others are fun and good and over the top and hilarious and also a little ratty production-wise. This one though-- amazing from start to end. The credits, then the Fellini-like sequence, then all those amazing shots in phone booths and... dammit he really reached his full form in this one. Lots of his usual motifs developed in earlier films ripen beautifully here. This is the one that made him famous internationally and for sure it was well deserved-- nobody else makes stuff like this and here he did it tremendously well. 5/5.

WHITE (KIESLOWSKI 1994) - this is a rewatch. a couple of months ago (or more) i rewatched "blue" which is probably my favorite of the 3. but decided to give the lot a 2nd whirl so this was even better this time around. funny and heartwrenching at the same time. weird too. beautifully done all-around. EQUALITY. ha ha ha ha. that man had a sense of humor. 5/5 - criterion disc comes with some really nice extras.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|