View Single Post
Old 10.11.2013, 09:43 PM   #237
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
Do you really need a study to show that multiple blows to the head isn't good for you? If this is in any way costing tax money, then yes, SHUT IT DOWN. Because I could have told you that. Hey, give me $50 bucks, I'll do a study that shows cutting all of your toes off makes it hard to walk.

Its not about if multiple blows (and over a career we're talking about six and seven figure numbers) to the head isn't good for you, its are there very specific and measurable risks such as have been discovered for boxing. Increasingly evidence is suggesting yes. Its not about concussions, in fact, unfortunately that is a huge distraction. Its about a degenerative brain condition called CTE which may be able to be specifically linked to NFL players. However, as with the situation for food safety and quality corruption as revealed by Food, Inc. , it seems the NFL has been consistently across decades employing sabotage tactics through lawyers and other methods to hide or discredit the growing consensus.

This is different. If football causes a very specific kind of brain degeneration, and the NFL has known this for years, and kept it from players and specifically worked to keep it from anyone, that is a different issue of corruption. Its not surprising, but a smoking gun is needed to begin to knock down the house of cards.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|