View Single Post
Old 06.23.2006, 05:44 PM   #10
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
I also agree that Thurston's super cool aditude will disappear. It really comes off as pretentious and arrogant sometimes. It bugs me. And Kim does have very little musical abilities compared to the rest of the band members. Steve Shelley's drumming is less than inspired. I justb think that right now, the band is in a bit of a funk. It happens. The good thing is, the band isn't on (hard) drugs, if any at all, and they aren't self-destructive people. Hopefully they'll just tough it out and write something even better next time.

Isn't "Thurston's super cool attitude" something that you're projecting onto Thurston though? Isn't he just being himself?

As far as Kim not having any talent on guitar, I think that's hogwash. Like Thurston, she's not technically gifted, but she is very creative on guitar & that's probably the main reason why she is now playing a lot of guitar because she is the one coming up with those parts. There are a lot of virtuosic abilities that Lee, Kim & Thurston all display; no one else can sound like them. On a side tangent, I'm no Pat Metheny fan, but in a way, Lee reminds me of him because he takes simple lines & knows how to put them all together dynamically. Lee will make an excellent producer once he finds the right band to produce.

Perhaps the only real legitimate gripe that fans can possibly justify with Rather Ripped is that there is a lack of engaging drum parts which is only natural considering the style of the majority of the more "straightforward" songs that are being presented. Steve Shelley is at no loss for talent. He's the greatest drummer in the world and has been for a very long time & no one else in the band can claim that sort of complete & total world class ability on their instrument.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|