View Single Post
Old 09.11.2013, 03:01 PM   #139
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I can't speak for Mr. McClain, but I believe this one is fairly simple.

In his pre-season rankings, McClain had the Jags listed #31 (predicted 2nd to worse NFL team before season started). KC dominated the game, but based on the pre-season rankings, KC was predicted to.

That may be true, but Bill Barnwell had a great analysis where he pointed out rare shut-out are, even against absolute shit teams. For example, the average score last year was I think was above 16 ppg, which suggests that even the WORST teams should be expected to score. So even shutting out a shit team is significant accomplishment, especially factoring in just last season Kansas City was the only team WORSE than Jacksonville or Oakland. That has to be factored. They have a NEW coach, a NEW starting QB, and several new players, and instead of regressing they improved, significantly at that! In other words, the guy totally shit on the Chiefs accomplishment this weekend. If the Eagles win puts them in sixth, the Chiefs definitely should put them between 12-15..

Quote:
Yes - the Eagles dominated the first half and almost blew it in the 2nd half. The exact opposite is true for the Texans. They were dominated the first three quarters (and a few minutes of the 4th trailing 28-7 in the 4th) and still found a way to win.

True, but we can't factor out the reality that Texans defense let an absolute shit team like the Chargers eat them for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, and ALMOST dinner. Yes, I think Texans are rightfully somewhere between 8-12 this year, but fourth? Really? For almost letting Phillip Rivers of all boneheaded QBs beat them?

Quote:
The Eagles (not a playoff team) defeated a playoff team on the road and I'm guessing this is why they climbed as high as they did in Week One.
I can see that, but again, Eagles still ended up almost blowing that game, so it negates the improvement from last season, and puts them out of the top-10 for me, and don't get me wrong, I LOVE Michael Vick and am totally rooting for them to make the top-10, but this weekend didn't cut it..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|