View Single Post
Old 01.18.2014, 06:59 AM   #15
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Many regrets for sure

Let the Right One In / Morse: the boy treating the vampire girl like shit, refusing to ask her to step in (can't help laughing whenever I see that, that's the baffling moment) and what happens after that... the swimming pool scene... well, the whole movie
The Big Lebowski: Jon Polito's answer to the Dude "the Knutsens", as you're not supposed to drop a name of someone supposed to be important that late in a movie
The Westerner: Gary Cooper offering a lock of Lily Langtree's hair to judge Roy Bean and the subsequent neck touch...
Unfaithfully Yours: Rex Harrison's puzzlement at studying a plan...
Johnny Guitar: the empty glass describing a circle, falling, being caught up by Hayden with a twist of the wrist... the lair of the so-called bad guys...
Mulholland Dr.: the scene the avatar I use comes from... a Naomi Watts close up when at the party, with the city lights, blurred, in the background...
Deep End: the scene at the Skol - Can's Mother Earth, the hot dogs, Jane Asher's cardboard figure, the rhythm maintained all through that scene...
The Manchurian Candidate: when Laurence Harvey finds himself in the past in one particularly elegant camera move; John Frankenheimer was a great great director (Seconds too)...
The Crazies: the very first sequence, prior to the opening credits; the rest of the movie ain't as good
Phantom of the Paradise: the quick succession of scenes leading to Winslow Leach's transformation into the Phantom

I tried to avoid the last scenes of some movies, that could have made a second list (maybe not that long).

I dig the Sonatine moment Toilet mentioned as time stops passing, and Alec Baldwin's speech in GGR too - he's facing top actors in that scene, would you think he'd be impressed? (Rob)
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|