View Single Post
Old 01.14.2014, 11:48 AM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
(1) "Does he look like a bitch?" Pulp Fiction: This scene epitomizes the grit, rawness, and yet absolute hilarity of this flick. I think what makes Pulp Fiction such a great flick about street life is that is is sincerely funny. Gangsters, low-lifes, and street villains are usually some of the funniest people I've ever met, and hanging out with them is fucking funny shit. Pulp Fiction shows that.

(2) "Shit, they'll make me explain things.." Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

When Raul has to confront an acid soaked Dr Gonzo wielding a big fucking knife, asking him to throw the radio into the tub, I just love how cool and collected Raul is in his response. "Fuck you've gone completely sideways man." Seriously. If you've ever experienced somebody else's bad trip, you know this scene all too well. Its not the freaking out fat guy in the tub trying to kill himself that is the problem, its explaining things to the authorities. Isn't that always the hard part?

3) The ending of Fight Club.. As that terrifying Pixies riff opens up the panorama scene of the destruction of the LA skyline you wonder to yourself, what if this was real instead of just surreal?

4) The bank robbery in Heat. Yeah, I went there, but really, has anyone ever felt so right rooting for the bad guys? Just put that shit on full volume to scare the neighbors.

5) Scene in Terminator 2 where John Connor revs his dirt bike, stares his foster dad into the eyes and snarks, "She's not my mother Todd.." and rides off pulling a wheelie off the curb. Epic.

6) When Bill Duke tells kid in Menace II Society, "You know you fucked up right?" during the jail interview. It sums up life in general sometimes, and Bill Duke nailed it.

7) The ending of Blair Witch Project. That spooky ass house, all those hand prints, then the dude just standing in the corner? Shit still terrifies me, it was so damned unexpected.

8) In Twelve Monkeys whenever Brad Pitt's character is on-screen, especially flipping people off.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|