View Single Post
Old 01.12.2014, 06:59 AM   #1
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
I was thinking about my favourite film moments, and it struck me that I have fave moments that have an effect/impact one me, and fave moments have have entertained/baffled me. So to kick this off, I'm going to post my top 10 entertaining/baffling moments, and post up the more "serious" list later. Okey doke, so here goes:

!. Roller-skating ninjas giving chase to a bubble car in Godfrey Ho's "Ninja Thunderbolt"
2. The pipecleaner spiders during the library scene in Lucio Fulci's "The Beyond"
3. Ray Sager chopping his own head off at the beginning of HG Lewis' "The Wizard Of Gore"
4. The first, epic and drawn out mass gunfight/brawl in John Woo's "Hard Boiled".
5. The final 15-minute relentless rant by Margit Carstensen in Fassbinder's "The Bitter Tears Of Petra Von Kant"
6. The female student protestor demanding that people sing "All You Need Is Marx" to the tune of "All You Need Is Love" in Jean-Luc Godard's rarely seen documentary "British Sounds".
7. The moment where Ron Haydock and Titus Moede transform themselves from run of the mill characters into bargain-basement superheroes in Ray Dennis Steckler's "Rat Pfink A Boo Boo" ("Fight crime!")
8. The bit where Marion Eaten's son ascends from the basement in Curt McDowell's "Thudercrack!"
9. Zombie bikers emerging from various graves in "Psychomania".
10. Phyllis MacMahon's wildly-diverging nun accent in general in Peter Sasdy's "I Don't Want To Be Born".

So there we go - let's be having your own lists then!