View Single Post
Old 01.29.2008, 06:07 AM   #36
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ha ha yeah. well my almost 5 year old thinkpad has survived many accidents and here i am typing on it.

the lid apparently is a design flaw:

http://www.foldedspace.org/weblog/20...ek_review.html

dude sez:

"The biggest nuisance on the MacBook Pro is the lid — it won't stay open. On the Powerbook, the lid is stiff — if you open it, it stays in place. You can swing the computer around in all directions, and the lid won't budge at all. But on the MacBook Pro, the lid moves at the slightest provocation. I often write in bed. This is difficult to do when the lid of your computer falls shut when elevated even a tiny bit. My MacBook Pro's touchpad is poorly fitted, too. On the left side, it sits below the case, but on the right side it rises above it. The differences are slight — fractions of a millimeter — but noticeable in daily use.

I'm torn. I want to love my MacBook Pro unconditionally, but I don't. I love it as a computer, but not as a product that I hope to live with for several years. I love my Powerbook, and yet it doesn't meet my needs."

---

yeah we'll send it back, it just took a while for the IT guys to load all the software and now we'll have to start all over... gack
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|