Thread: Jack Kerouac
View Single Post
Old 12.18.2006, 07:46 PM   #38
jheii
bad moon rising

jheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's asses
"All the things I wrote were true because I believed in what I saw..."
If only I could make a list of Kerouac favorites without it looking like:
1. Mexico City Blues / Subterraneans / Tristessa / Satori in Paris / Dharma Bums / Desolation Angels / On the Road / Visions of Cody / Big Sur...

Just too much going on in that old Duluoz legend to seperate any one part from itself. I think, though, that perhaps the most hypnotizing of Kerouac's work would be the "Railroad Earth" section from Lonesome Traveler:
"I go out to the wailbar of all the wildbars--the one and only 3rd and Howard--and drink with the madmen and when I get drunk I GIT..."
Approximate quotation, that one. But I'd say that the Railroad Earth is prose and poetry writing in all of their simultaneous glory synthesized with a spot on manifestation of Kerouac pure dharma dreams of unfiltered compassion for all living things. Yes yes, c'mon. Yes tes, c'mon.