Thread: Shortwave Radio
View Single Post
Old 09.01.2006, 08:07 PM   #107
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Well, the Eton 350DL is a sexy radio. The Gruding and Eton are basically the same, as Passport tells me.

There is a whole two pages of text concerning this radio, and a lot of terminology I'm not totally familar with, but its one of their top choices for 2006, and its making me wonder how it is I passed on this one. What a beauty! Is it red like the one they have pictured?!? It would seem as though the cons are extremely minor, unless you were well tuned in radio jargon. Basically if you were Lone Flanger (a DXer), you would hate this radio. But for us amateurs, this is top of the line!

I'll type the 'verdict' Passport gave it:

Verdict: The Eton 350DL is full of welcome surprises, as well as the other variety. Its flaws are obvious and real: images, no signal-sideband demodulation, a paucity of tuning aids and some frequency drift. So, it receives a modest star rating. Its not for DXing, and is useless with most utility and ham signals.

Why, then is it a "Passport's Choice"? Because for pleasent and affordable listening to world band news, music, and entertainment it is hard to beat-audio quality just isn't equaled by any other portable. If you want something that sounds as good but performs better, dig deep and spring for a Gruding Satellit 800 portatop.

So there you have it! That Gruding Satellit 800 is the radio I've been thinking about getting for a while, but I would be happy with this one too.

The other one you mentioned is not in the book, so perhaps it is a new model. Those crankers are neat though.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|