View Single Post
Old 08.28.2013, 06:33 AM   #45725
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
A Perfect Circle is not a spin off, its a side project, and as with the case sometimes, artists move on with new projects. tool is not over, but the A Perfect Circle interlude I thought was well timed for the break in between Lateralus and 10,000 Days.

I disagree, it was more like coffee shop tool with a distinctively different kind of bass structure and more singing, less growling.

I agree with you, and I feel The Downward Spiral is the closet to a brilliantly complete NIN album, but even it has lows in comparison with its highs, and some of the material comes across blatantly as filler.

Wasn't dissing the production or craft, just my feeling of the sound. NIN albums always feel like in part they fall short of their potential. Its just my opinion, not a fact.

Yeah, just don't diss tool anymore. We can agree the Trent Reznor is talented, and I enjoy A LOT of what he has done, I just think he needs to focus on ONE thing, and do it exceptionally, and I agree, the Downward Spiral is the closest to that, but that was what, 20 years ago?

I (grudgingly) won't diss Tool anymore. Jesus. I'm already not allowed to in "real" life because they're one of Noisefield's favorite bands, but yeah, that's totally fine. I'll censor my irrational negativity completely. No problem.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|