View Single Post
Old 09.25.2013, 11:31 AM   #1093
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
he also called himself the "number 1 rockstar in the world" and said that rappers are the new rockstars.

I could careless about that hubris, its probably why he wore that "punk" jacket he got on e-bay that was on rob's thread. I'm more concerned with idiotic claims of being anywhere near the same level as Michael Jackson, because simply put, nobody living today can touch him. The pantheon of musical heroes of world renown include in this exact order (1) Michael Jackson, (2) Bob Marley, (3) Tupac Shakur..

speaking of Tupac..

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
i think it's a conspiracy to brain wash women to hook up with a jerk. record labels bullshite to make up with thier ex-wives.

Women don't need to be brainwashed into that, they often make that mistake well enough on their own. I feel you though, hip hop has taken an unapologetic turn towards misogynism, and with out the self-reflective explanations like Tupac's "Wonder Why They Call You Bitch", "Brenda's Got a Baby," "Me and My Girlfriend," "White Man's World", "Do For Love," "Just Like Daddy," or "Keep Ya Head Up"...

Tupac was a sincere artist with his own flaws with women, but he didn't hide or deny this, and he wasn't trying to promote some kind of machismo fantasy, he was just himself. Some of his music reflects his more hedonistic, objectifying side of his life with women, others reflect that real, deep, and honest respect for women, as mothers, sisters, friends, and equals. Tupac had a balance like no other rapper in regards to finding positive portrayals of women in his music. As to Yeezus, it is just plain embarassing if you ask me, that in the 21st century such blatant misogynism is allowed unfettered and uncriticized. At least Tupac was honest but trying to improve his relationships with women, and at least he knew where his flaws were, so that his music could perhaps have that same effect on other men, to both celebrate hedonism while also lamenting it at the same time, which is sort of male sexuality 101

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|