View Single Post
Old 03.29.2013, 02:41 PM   #16807
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
I never noticed that, but I will watch them both again soon to try and understand what you mean by that.

It's probably nothing. It just struck me when watching the final scene with Sterling Hayden, who's been shot and dies surrounded by horses just after the scene where the commissionar has described him as an animal. The Hayden character is seen as a loyal 'beast of burden' type even by his accomplisses. Then obviously in Bresson's film, Balthasar is shot after helping criminals and lays down to die with the animals, too. Like I say, there may be no connection at all, and I'm certainly not saying Hayden's character is meant to be in any way Christ-like. I've never heard of Bresson citing that scene as an influence but who knows?

Just watched

Bullitt

The car chase still holds up (and if anything gets better every time I watch it) and I don't see how anyone couldn't like Steve McQueen. I've never been that into the movie as a whole, though. Surprising because on paper at least it should be just the kind of thing I'd love, and I'm still not sure why I don't. Although it's a film I'll never miss if I notice it on TV - perhaps in the hope that it'll finally win me over completely.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|