View Single Post
Old 02.27.2013, 02:14 PM   #283
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

But Rob, you are not thinking logically here. I agree completely, the police do not prevent or stop crime, they are an after-the-fact reaction. HOWEVER, think about this, who is MORE armed than the police? NOBODY, period. So if the fully armed police don't stop or prevent crime, why would you suppose less trained, less proficient, and less experienced citizens in general could do any better exactly? Further, if the police "accidentally" kill and maim HUNDRED if not THOUSANDS of people a year, do you honestly trust citizens with the same privileges? I don't

I would. cops are not trained just to handle firearms, they are trained, as you very well know, to treat the populace like militaristic enemies, to be ordered around, feared, and corralled.

The fully armed police do not stop or prevent crime because they are not TASKED to do so. Detectives, which account for maybe 10% of a total police force, are tasked with finding culprits and arresting them. The rest of the cops are there to control the population, and a large part of that exerted control is the passive knowledge that a cop can kill you with THEIR weapon, at any time.

You know the drill man, where do you find the most patrol cars doing their thing? In poor blighted dangerous neighborhoods? Hell NO. You find them patrolling the relatively safe streets of rich neighborhoods, protecting the wealthy and their property, the very same wealthy that hire private security, and are themselves armed to the teeth. It makes no sense.