View Single Post
Old 10.23.2016, 03:11 PM   #1369
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Again, I really don't think you're being bashed.
well, evollove called him a baby with an empty bottle, and said that his vote wasn't his hymen, and suchfriends is neither a baby nor a young maiden so that's a bashing of sorts but not malicious.

insults aside they were accurate criticisms though. could they have been delivered without barbs? sure. would they have been as clear and/or hilarious without the insult? hell no. they were really good lines and had good imagery. they were illuminating and pointed at the ridiculousness of the opposing arguments.

i don't think there was anything wrong with that though. this claim of "manners" is a bit of BS, and disingenuous to boot-- suchfriends can put all the stupid memes he wants and dismiss all attempts at seriousness while thinking he's being good-mannered. i find that more infuriating that being told to go fuck myself, for example. respect is the basis of good manners, but the form that this respect takes is not universal and may cause confusion between subcultures/ social classes/ different individuals. i'd rather be told off via witticism than through dumbshittery. it's more respectable to have a smart adversary than a stupid one.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|