View Single Post
Old 11.28.2017, 11:30 AM   #868
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Here’s what will win:

Album of the year: Lorde - “Mellodrama”
Record of the Year: Bruno Mars - “24K Magic”
Song of the year: Bruno Mars - “That’s What I Like” (worst thing since aids)

As for the rest, who knows. I expect Kendrick will get shafted because his album is too edgy and violent sounding at times for Grammy voters. Jay will probably win because everyone will think — justifiably — that this is their last chance to honor a great Jay-Z album, because he probably won’t make another.

Kendrick’s too young. Too new. Besides, I wouldn’t *want* DAMN. to be recognized by the music industry establishment. Kinda weirded out that it’s even nominated for the big award.

* Note: Kendrick is now in Kanye circa-2007 territory, where he has released three albums, each of which have been the best or close to the best of their respective year, and each of which have been nominated for Album of the Year at the Shammys. Like Kanye, I think Kendrick will be stuck in the “only wins the black people awards” category, and will go 0 for 3 despite very obviously being the best option available.

OR... The Grammys will make a conscious stand against Trumpmerica... but I think not. Jay Z is safer for white people at this point, and he’s achieved Beck circa “Morning Phase” status in terms of aging into classicdom. He’ll probably steal the show for the rap categories.

Shrug.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|