View Single Post
Old 11.27.2017, 08:05 PM   #864
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I'll just throw this out: I feel really dumb listening to music meant for clubbin' when I'm sitting home alone. I'll grant that Kanye makes the most sophisticated music meant for the dance floor, but it's still just music meant for the dance floor.

I'm referring to only certain tracks, of course.

In that respect, he reminds me of Brian Wilson: spending a lot of time and genius on something that probably doesn't warrant so much time and genius.

I disagree. I don’t think Kanye’s music is “for the dance floor.” Even patented dance tracks, like the nightmare nuclear winter flashdance of “FADE” really sound like they belong in a club.

I think he makes headphone music. But I appreciate your Brian Wilson comparison, and I dig your “most sophisticated” line. Feel like someone who previously didn’t get it finally gets it. Just like, who once TOTALLY didn’t get it, got it like crazy when the best kicked in after the piano drone on “Runaway.”

Some Kanye tracks are for the club, sure. Most aren’t. Even the singles that sound like they should be, like “Stonger” and “Power” are in fact packed with tracks on tracks on tracks, and tweaked into sonic eardrum perfection. I’d rather listen to thy shit by myself in my car than with ANYONE.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|