View Single Post
Old 03.30.2013, 08:03 AM   #31
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Had one last night.

A small venue in a big city.

I'm hanging out and in walks Thurston and some other musicians. They set up on stage. This was a surprise to the handful of us who were there. Not sure what we were expecting.

I seem to remember a large woman playing the cello and a drummer. They start to play a New Order song--can't remember which one.

There isn't much of a crowd.

But there's a technical issue and the show ends. Thurston and his musicians, some fans and hanger-ons sit around a large table and shoot the shit.

I am furious I don't have a camera with me or a recording device to capture the moment, and I consider rushing "home" to get it. But I don't want the dream to get derailed, so I sit there and try to commit everything to memory.

This is the wild part:

Thurston takes a photo out of his wallet and passes it around. "This is the girl I've been seeing for a decade," he explains.

We all do the math, but none of us says anything.

Except these two hipster girls at the end of the table. They start shouting at him: "You've been keeping a girl on the side and haven't shared with us?"

Thurston and the girls obviously have some weird sexual arrangement, and have for a while.

It stops being fun. I finally decide to go home to get a reality-capturing device. Sure enough, once I leave the venue the dream goes into a new chapter, something to do with my college years, and I leave Thurston part of the dream behind.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|