View Single Post
Old 02.13.2009, 10:09 AM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
What is far more important to me is that, disc after disc, I was completely surprised by the variation in sounds and the amazing abundance of styles. I heard pieces here that I never would have thought were produced by Merzbow. And this from an artist I have followed avidly for 10 years and from whom I have heard well over a hundred albums. While I wanted to avoid bringing the breadth of this set into the discussion, it should be noted that over 50 hours of music, Masami only very infrequently lapses into repetition as he continually introduces new techniques and kinds of sound. It is a huge testament to Masami Akita's talent that he constantly refines his tactics and reinvents his sound, while maintaining an unusually high level of quality. To say he is not a one-trick pony is a drastic understatement.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|