View Single Post
Old 05.14.2013, 02:08 PM   #3030
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I have to disagree about Mancini. He can't take all the blame but with that squad he should've walked the Prem this season and, given their opponents in this year's FA Cup are on the cusp of relegation, we can hardly treat that making the final, or even winning it, as any real gauge of overall success. And City's showing in the CL has been terrible for a team of that size and standard of players.

Most of us City fans think he was due to go last year, before United's end-of-season collapse did so much to give us the title.

This season has been characterised by a seriously lame title defence, very poor Champions league campaign (admittedly in a tough group, but we are meant to be one of the tough teams now) and a host of summer signings that have done nothing.

Mancini has seemingly been unable to get tough performances out of the squad, last year's team spirit looking to often like a thing of the past. Not standing by players like Dzeko and Pantilimon (whose exclusion for the cup final was bizarre and hints at something wrong) hasn't helped.

Not sure about this Senor Pellegrini though.

Oh, and the clubs handling of the Tevez driving affair was, I think, entirely inappropriate.

City won the title last year despite five losses and five draws and despite being somewhat less than impressive this year, they will finish second. If I cared at all about the Premier League entity, I would be seriously worried about what that says about the other so-called contenders and the quality of the competition as a whole.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|