View Single Post
Old 10.04.2013, 12:19 PM   #17
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i'm actually for free market solutions but an insurance cartel is not free market-- therefore i'd rather have a regulated cartel than an unregulated one. in other words the ACA is better than the shit we had before.

i pay for my dental care out of pocket and it's better than going with some insurance racket. i also have catastrophic health insurance which means i'm only covered for major shit and i pay for my own small things, consultations, etc-- it's not that much really. i see it as car isurance-- i don't need them to pay for my new tires, oil changes, etc-- i only need them to pay for major surgeries etc.

anyway--

anything from 25,000 to 45,000 have been dying every year for lack of health insurance-- that's way more than bin laden killed, and yet i'm not hearing anyone say we should nuke and invade some cuntry for it.

problem with subsidies is that they might perversely incentivize poverty, but i think there's enough of a tier that people can go up the ladder easily-- right now you have to be either dirt poor to middle class. not a good thing. especially with "preexisting shits". i saw the story of this family that had to keep their income below a certain limit so they could get coverage for their autistic kid-- that will now end.

of course costs will spread through the system so that means an increase for some people. that's the point of insurance though-- to spread risk. if everyone knew what their risk was you'd need no insurance.

another advantage is the ability to purchase your own plan frees people from being slaves to a certain job. i hope that an entrepreneurial renaissance will be a side effect of this. freedom, fuckers!

btw, i've been trying to shop for new insurance but the exchanges are overloaded. which is a good thing ha ha ha.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|