View Single Post
Old 05.18.2015, 05:26 PM   #97
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
instrumentally this record is fucking immaculate, and the vocals for the most part are good excluding thurston's affected beat sneer bullshit, but the lyrics are almost totally indefensible. overall though it's one of the best, their second last inarguably classic record.
The lyrics have never been SY's best asset but then I never listened or cared about them. This record is great for all the reasons that don't involve lyrics. Sometimes you hear, without coming across as patronising, hopefully, to some great combinations of voice with sounds. The best example I've ever heard was this casual thing on Resonance Fm where the voice kept on disintegrating itself in ever more inwards ways and it was someone just talking stuff while being recorded. Some lucky person with a bit of imagination and a someone talking in front of them. Not saying SY don't take their lyrics seriously, I have no idea, it's likely they do, but to judge this record because of the words alone compared to some of their other records would seem unfair. Also, I don't remember why I've quoted your post now.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|