View Single Post
Old 05.22.2016, 06:21 PM   #2006
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Maybe the decade was fine and you were just listening to shit selections from it?

No, that's not what I meant...

I still love all that awesome music I was listening to in 1993/2003 (Tribe, Wu, OutKast, Big, 2Pac, GangStarr, Nas, Jay, Mob Deep, Kool Keith, Del, El-p, Mos Def, Talib (AND Mos Def and Talib as Blackstar), Roots, Lootpack, Madlib and so on...

Love it.

But I can't say that's the best decade of hip hop, because Eminem is smack dab in the middle, and fucked things up for everyone. If I told people that was my favorite decade of rap, they'd assume I liked Eminem, and they'd assume I didn't like Kanye, which is totally backasswards.

It's easier just to say the Kanye's era was/is my favorite "era" of hip hop, and that the Eminem "era" was the worst... and to elaborate on what I like from other eras as an afterthought.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|