View Single Post
Old 09.23.2011, 03:42 PM   #15165
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Red State

8/10

While I admittedly haven't seen that many Kevin Smith movies (seen Clerks, Mallrats, and Dogma), it's a little unusual for him to make something that's not supposed to be 100% funny. I usually don't like obvious allusions (the church/cult were a combination of the Branch Davidians at Waco and the Westboro Baptist Church), but in this case it works.. John Goodman was good, as always, (spoiler in black) though it would've been funnier if they'd shown him headbutt the church/cult leader than just talk about it.

ALSO

Natural Born Killers

9/10

Am I a bad person for having felt a bit sorry for Mallory? Of course no sane person would've supported her and Mickey going on a killing spree, but it's not like she wasn't messed up from being abused by her dad...speaking of her dad, I never thought Rodney Dangerfield could convincingly play a character the audience is supposed to hate, but he pulled it off. I like how the film satirized how violent American culture can be, and the weird cinematography in the first half....personally, I did not feel sorry for the talk show host...am I a bad person for that too?