View Single Post
Old 04.24.2016, 02:52 PM   #33
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I don't believe Prince was a conventional addict IF these rumors turn out to be true. He was so notoriously straight edge just doesn't feel right. If he was indeed using prescription opiates I'm willing to wager he used them more carefully than typical addicts. He strikes me aa one who was using them legitimately for pain management. Hestrikes me as the kind of disciplined person who would avoid addiction as a matter of his personality. HOWEVER that doesn't mean even taking opiates in a purely medicinal way didn't take his life.

This narrative that he was abusing pills i find in poor taste. That just isn't Prince even if it 99% of other people. I find it sad that TMZ will try and destroy yet another legacy. TMZ is pathetic. They have no shame. They are absolutely slime. Worthless. Trash.

Prince legacy will survive this interlude of nonsense. Even if toxicology comes back opiates it DOESN'T mean he was an addict. MJ admitted to being an addict. His crooked "doctors" admitted such. I just don't buy it for Prince. If opiates contributed to his death i say it wasn't addiction, it was classic side effects or accident. NOT a recreational OD.

Well, I'm not sure why you're so skeptical, and it seems as though you might be kind of idealizing and individual you didn't know just because you like his music... BUT I kind of agree. People who are out of control opiate addicts don't live productive and fruitful lives without ever letting anyone catch on, or slipping up in a way that reveals their secret.

That said, Prince was notoriously private and if we're talking about him as a human being, which he was, then there's no real reason to give him any extra benefit of the doubt simply because it "doesn't feel right." But again, it doesn't really feel right to me either.

The way that Doctor D talks about dilaudid too... Like it's somehow not a narcotic? That it "gives you an energy burst?" All opiates tend to give a "burst" to people who suffer from pain, because they help the pain, and cause euphoria. All of them. And seasoned users/addicts get a boost from it because it makes their violent withdrawal stop.

But dilaudid is just a souped up version of morphine. It's not some magical drug that hits you like meth and heroin at the same time. If Prince was doing large doses of it (or Fentanyl, which is strong as hell and knocks even the toughest users on their asses) he would have been showing clear signs of opiate abuse. He would have been nodding, would have had pinpoint pupils, would have acted drunk... That's not how he acted. Kurt Cobain acted like a drug addict. Prince was a technical wizard and a razor sharp artistic machine until the very end.

Again I'm totally willing to buy that he used drugs. I'm even willing to buy that he was an addict. But I'm not buying what this Doctor D is selling, so to speak. He's a goddamn moron and should not be considered a credible source.

Also that article was written by an amateur punk bitch.
And TMZ is the AIDS of media journalism.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|