View Single Post
Old 12.27.2011, 08:49 AM   #4728
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
Borderlands is pretty fun. I avoided it for a long time because I hate the cover. But it's pretty good. The art is really comic bookesque if that's your thing. The only thing I don't like about it is how it really de-emphasizes any RPG aspects it has. All of the skills you take are really under the hood, noticeable differences are pretty scant. I don't really think the classes are that varied, aside from their one class specific skill. That all sounds pretty negative I guess. But it really is pretty fun. Shooting monsters and crazy howling outlaws is hard to mess up I guess.

yeah I had played it before. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but something about Borderlands just works for me. Maybe it's the art direction. Similarly, I enjoyed XIII on PS2 -- perhaps for the same reason? Though I admit, the leveling up etc in Bordlerlands is a nice draw for me too.

yesterday went to GS and picked up some games with a couple of my xmas giftcards -- all PS3 -- got: King of Fighters XII, Tekken 6, and Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (all for fightclub) and then nabbed Sonic All-Star Racing as well.

BTW -- it turns out Sonic Generations is one of the best games I've played all year. Mindblowingly awesome. I can't even believe that a new Sonic game is this great. But yeah. I've been addicted to it so hard for the past couple of days, just playing hours at a time and I'm already almost done with it. Haha.