View Single Post
Old 01.09.2007, 04:35 PM   #13
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
being recognized by your peers is ALWAYS a good thing, and always worthy of humble thanks

You wonder why Lou cried? Imagine yourself a junkie twenty something street hustler who lucks out and hooks up with certain people cale warhol, etc, who then allow you to pull your ass out of your hellhole and have a creative career, and then your peers consider you so good and think so highly of your music and respec t your music so much they want to honor it, WHY WOULD YOU NOT CRY?

sure it is not perfect, and the MUSEUM is a bit slapdash and wack, but the hall of fame is not the MUSEUM< it is the idea that the people on the list did timeless rock and spurred rock forwards. that is it and that is a good thing. sonic youth will get in. the sex pistols are in, and the rock establishment's most hated band, black sabbath, progenitors of metal ,something the rock people despised for a long time, are in.

sonic youth will be inducted. little richard and the old dudes may not "get" why, but rock fans will understand. I am sure elvis would have thought sonic youth and the clash and the sex pistols and the ramones were fucking trash.

it is a lesson i have learned from kurt vonnegut. noone has to ever give you any adulation or honors, and when people get together and decide you deserve an honor, just say thanks and be GLAD.

I would be glad for sonic yotuh, the ultimate rock/rock history-knowledgable band, to be suitably appreciative and not too overwhelmed.