View Single Post
Old 06.30.2014, 02:37 AM   #31
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
Why do Americans call soccer a game where you kick the ball with your feet and football a game in which the ball is thrown by someone's hand and carried over a line in someone else's arms most of the time?

we have the same question about why people in the 2nd capital call certain foods (cheese pie and souvlaki) different names. it can be really confusing if you first order those. and you know food is important.

football is 'normally' called american football.
and 'soccer' just football.
as i reckon, football was first invented, but became popular in the USA after their 'football'. i think, sometimes they do kick it with the foot? not sure now.
there is also the other sport..hand-ball. invented much later i guess(?), took the right name though.

anyhoo. dunno why i typed all that known shit now.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|