View Single Post
Old 04.01.2014, 09:24 PM   #335
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
remember Nothing Was the Same gave me sorta mixed feelings when it came out, but finally ended up in my top 10 albums of the year. well, now i seem to enjoy it even more. one of those albums that just keep getting better with every listen.

Yeah, I remember you flip flopped a lot last year, but I did the same thing! When you were ranting about NWETS being a massive disappointment, I think I said something like "dude, it's not Yeezus, or 12 Reasons, or Blueprint, but it's a solid hip hop album. Standard boom bap with some dream pop shot thrown in for some reason." And you agreed.

The. I started hating it. Then I started liking it. Now I see it's going to be considered a classic of our era by many. I appreciate the pbr&b vibe, and the synthy sections more. It's just not the kind of rap that will ever be top 10 material, because I've heard Jay-z go there and back again. It's derivative, but it's a good album. Props to Drake for making a better record than Lil Wayne last year. That's something.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|