View Single Post
Old 01.07.2016, 11:18 AM   #47645
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Also, anyone remember that scene in High Fidelity that features "Most of the Time" to great effect? Pretty perfect use of the song.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates the song... and the rest of Oh Mercy as well, certainly, though "Most of the Time" is the highlight for me.

I don't fuck with much before Mercy or after Blood on the Tracks. But I know someday I will dig in to that period of Dylan's music. His '60's records are almost perfect, the lot of them. In fact, I think he's the only artist fro that decade who can be compared to the Beatles. When people ask me the classic "Beatles or Stones?" question, I can't help but laugh. I love early Stones, but the question is an insult. Mostly because the Stones didn't release a perfect album until after the Beatles were done. I think "Beatles or Dylan?" Is really the question. America's 60's cultural game-changer VS. the UK's. I'd still go with the Beatles, but I could at least respect the opinion that Dylan was the "better" artist.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|