View Single Post
Old 12.19.2014, 02:16 PM   #1579
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Totally this. When's his album out?
don't think it has a release date yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Hey louder:

I am really fucking enjoying the new D'Angelo album. It's not even fair that it came out so late in the year! Too late for Rolling Stone or SPIN to even have a chance to include it in their year end lists.

It's not exactly the most market-savvy time to release one's first new album on 14 years. But D'Angelo pretty obviously doesn't give much of a shit about that kind of thing. I, however, will totally be revamping my list to include it.

Also, how are you feeling aboht the new J. Cole? I think it's the first record he's dropped that I genuinely *like*... The previous have basically just been a few likable tracks floating around in an ocean of skippable mediocrity.

But I'm quite surprised about 2014 Forest Hills... It's way better than I ever would have thought possible. Y'know?
yeah, D'Angelo seems too mature to care about those things. i do think it would be great if he promoted the album with some music vids though, as well as TV appearances, interviews, etc. but 100,000 sales first week for a soul record in 2014 is still pretty damn impressive, i suppose. it kinda baffles me that the new Nicki Minaj album (which is, by the way, pretty awful in my opinion) is expected to have higher sales, but oh well.

and yeah Cole finally made a good album.. shocking right? i just wish he didn't sing so much. also i found the last verse on "Fire Squad" pretty cringeworthy. like if you're gonna release an album with no radio singles, don't fucking whine about the grammy's on your record. i don't even disagree with his shots at white artists, but it just made him seem like a crybaby to me.

i truly can't stand how the grammy's don't even respect hip-hop as a music form, yet rappers give them more importance than anyone else.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|