View Single Post
Old 06.13.2006, 07:04 PM   #3
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I think it's a great album, but it hasn't matured for me yet. I'm still a little bit nfamiliar with it being that I've only had it for a week. The most notable part of Rather Ripped is Kim's vocals. Her entire singing style is different in this album than all the others, and continues along the lines of pop music. Thurston's song are alright, Incinerate has some pretty cool lyrics at parts if you know the background to what he's reffering to, otherwise it will sound not nearly as good. I'm not too big a fan of Or. Along with Do You Believe in Rapture, it's one of the "new direction" songs on the album, but I currently look at them as something that lacks completeness. It feels like something's missing in the songs. Jams Run Free, The Neutral, and Sleeping around are excellent songs in my opinion. The riffs in the neutral sound classic and great. I really can't pass a complete judgement on the album quite yet. I'll post again when I fully understand it.

Nurse seems more developed to me right now. I'm more familiar to the messages and I've heard it a lot more, and I love the song Unmade Bed % Mariah Carey. I can't make a proper comparison on the two, but I currently like Nurse a little bit more.

I really like Rather Ripped overall.

The "neil Young" and "Nico" approach seems pretty sweet
and giving us teases of feedback during the bridges is always a treat.
The riffs are complex and logical
The lyrics; also acknoligable