View Single Post
Old 08.26.2019, 10:09 AM   #2930
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Love me some Groundhog Day, but I gotta admit the whole message it tried to convey was pretty simplistic and somewhat problematic at times.
yees, yes, i forgot to answer to this last time but was just looking around calmly at the thread and yes,

the first time i saw groundhog day was ages ago on tv and frankly it bothered the hell out of me for its ideological bent. seemed to be saying “conform,” or something. i mean, sure, the guy was an asshole, needed to be less self-centered and more mellow, but if i recall correctly the cure for his condition seemed to be to just behave like everyone says you should, or something.

anyway, i liked this new version tons more, and would even rewatch right now if i had the time. still chuckling at that bizarro ending parade that was like a midnight mardi gras thing of some sort. absurd and totally unexpected, but in a good way.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|